The Coalition’s War Against The People

This is why I am standing for the Green Party as a parliamentary candidate, for unless we change our political and economic system fundamentally we will never create the just world we want.

Trouble and Squeak

Never in the field of human existence have so many been robbed by so few.

It has been well documented how inequality is now at levels that we have never seen before. This time last year, the news broke that 85 people share a combined wealth that is equal to the poorest 3.5 billion people on the planet. That is 85 individuals owning as much as 50% of the entire population of this earth.

A year on from such a startling announcement, things have got even better for those at the very top of the pyramid. Recent figures show that if current trends continue, the wealthiest 1% of people will own more than the remaining 99% of the world’s population by the year 2016.

That is the global context of the situation we find ourselves in. Quite literally the 99% are in a fight for their future, and in some cases, their very…

View original post 1,080 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s